Saturday, April 28, 2012

Week 18 "Kittens Wearing Funny Hats"

Lyrics:
Sometimes this life is just so hard to bear.
Nothing but pain and misery everywhere.
There's death on the streets and inflation is high.
It's hard to ignore, but you better believe I'll try

By looking up kittens wearing funny hats.
'Cause nothing is quite as cute as that.
I turn on the internet just to read the daily news.
No, that's not true. There's something that I would rather do.
I'd rather look up kittens wearing funny hats.

Sometimes I try to get some real work done,
but then I just browse the internet for fun.
My boss gets real mad when productivity's low.
When they make the cutbacks, I'll probably be the first to go.

Because I'm looking up kittens wearing funny hats.
'Cause nothing is quite as cute as that.
Some people have ambition and work hard to reach their dream,
but not you and me. There's just one thing we want to see
and that's pictures of kittens wearing funny hats.

Sometimes I think my life is just a sham.
Does everyone know the loser that I am?
I've got a dead end job. I'll never get anywhere.
But the saddest thing is, I'm not really sure I care.

I just keep looking up kittens wearing funny hats.


This one is based on a title suggested by my friend Adam, with the idea that it would have real internet search potential.  I thought it was a funny idea, so I came up with this song.  Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment