Saturday, April 7, 2012

Week 14 - "The Time Has Come"

Lyrics:
The sands of time keep flowing through the hourglass.
They turn the present and the future into past.
Outside the wind is blowing music in my ear.
We navigate the raging sea storm without fear.

The children playing in the grass and smelling flowers.
No apprehensions as they while away the hours.

But now the time has come.
And now the way is clear.
Are you ready to go
and get away from here?

I don't remember the last time I felt content.
What was I doing while my soul was being spent.
Somewhere we found a substitution for the truth.
Somehow we lost the blissful innocence of youth.

Why should we trust those that we cannot trust
when we should take back what belongs to us?

 

I tried to use some more chromatic motion in this one.  I also have as many as five vocals at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment