Saturday, August 24, 2013

Week 86 - "The Pet Peeve Quartet - Reprise"

This is a demo of "The Pet Peeve Quartet - Reprise" by August Mergelman and me for our musical "The Great American Musical."  The reprise takes place in a flashback to the early days of Broadway, hence the Tin Pan Alley style with the Beguine in the bridge and the old record sound at the beginning.


Lyrics:
He's just someone from the past.
That new act will never last.
I hate the way that girl can get to me.

I hate the way that he can cower.
She waits within her ivory tower.
I sigh hour after hour.
I hate the way that boy can get to me.

The feeling is so great
That I can't concentrate
On whatever it was that I was doing.

I'm helpless and it seems,
He's even in my dreams.
I'm just a horse that needs re-shoeing.

I think he has a lot of nerve.
I hope she gets what she deserves.
I love the way that girl can get to me.

I wish that he would take a stand.
I wish that he would take my hand.
I think love could be so grand.
I hate the way that girl can get to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment