Friday, March 22, 2013

Week 64 - "Pretty Average Woman"

This is a parody of "Pretty Woman" by Roy Orbison and Bill Dees.  It is a satire of how so much of popular music equates love almost entirely with physical attraction, putting good looks on a pedestal above personality, integrity, and other infinitely more important qualities in a person.  It is sung from a perspective of a pretty average man wooing a pretty average woman.


Lyrics:
Pretty average woman, walking down the street
Pretty average woman, the kind I often meet
Pretty average woman
Darling, do you know that it's true
So many girls are just like you
Meh

Pretty average woman, won't you pardon me
Pretty average woman, I couldn't help but see
Pretty average woman
That you're wearing the same sweats today
You were wearing just yesterday.
Eww

Pretty average woman, at the mall
Pretty average woman's not that tall
Pretty average woman, her clothes all come from The Gap.
Pretty average woman, has those days where.
Pretty average woman, doesn't do her hair.
Pretty average woman, so she wears a baseball cap.
But who am I to judge the things you do?
The truth is, baby. I'm pretty average, too.

Pretty average woman, I'm so intrigued
Pretty average woman, 'cause you're not out of my league.
Pretty average woman, I'm willing to settle for you...okay
If that's the best I can do, okay
I guess it's going to be my fate.
I'll get used to ball caps, but wait
What do I see?
She put her hair in a ponytail for me.
Yeah, she put her hair in a ponytail for me.
Oh, oh, Pretty average woman

No comments:

Post a Comment