Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Song 133 - "The Laughing Vulcan and His Dog"

This is a song based on a title suggested in the Star Trek: the Next Generation episode "Disaster."


Lyrics:
V.1

  D                      A            D
I went planet Vulcan and what a sunny place

D                         A7             D
I met a Vulcan man with a smile upon his face

G               D         G              D
He had a little doggy and he was smiling too

  G               D             E7                 A7
I never knew that smiling was a thing that Vulcans do.



CHORUS:
    D6                                  G                 D6
The laughing Vulcan and his dog are the funniest sight to see.

    G                D6     Bm7           Em               A7    
I'd like to tell you why he laughs, but I don't know honestly.

D6                          G              D6
Maybe he mind-melded with a giggle box one day,

        G               D6      Bm7      Em
But the laughing Vulcan and his dog keep grinning

   A7               D6
As they go on their way.


V.2

  D                              A                 D
I know you don't believe me. You think I'm telling lies.

D                           A7              D
I'm only telling you what I saw with my own eyes.

G                    D                       G                    D
They say that dog is man's best friend, he's Vulcan's best friend too.

    G                  D           E7                A7
And some day you'll discover ev'ry word I've said is true.

CHORUS

Tag G D

No comments:

Post a Comment