Saturday, July 6, 2013

Week 79 - "Hump Day"

The video contains clips from "Lawrence of Arabia" (copyright Columbia Pictures) and the Geico hump day camel commercial (copyright Geico).  The song is by Samuel Stokes.


Lyrics:
A F G E
Hump day
It ain't just any other slump day.
There ain't no other day like Wednesday.
And they can't take it away.
Until the clock strikes midnight on Thursday, yeah.

V. 1
3X A7 Eb(#11) A7 Dsus4
A7 Eb(#11) F E
On Sunday morning I either sleep in or go to the church to pray for my sin.
Ev'ry few minutes find myself slippin', dreaming 'bout when the work week will begin.
Monday morning, feeling like a believer, but it's hard to get up, 'cause I'm a coffee acheiever.
Tuesday afternoon really hitting my stride, but the first half week is always such a rough ride, to...

Ch.
A F G E
Hump day
It ain't just any other slump day.
There ain't no other day like Wednesday.
And they can't take it away.
Until the clock strikes midnight on Thursday, yeah.

v.2
3X A7 Eb(#11) A7 Dsus4
A7 Eb(#11) F E
Top of the hump, I'm on top of the earth, all my co-workers can see what I'm worth.
Been a rough climb but no worse for the wear, but the rest of the week will be more than I can bear.
All my other friends talkin' 'bout Friday night, I just shake my head and say that ain't right.
The week's winding down and we're falling down fast, then we're climbing again and I hope that I'll last, until...

A F G E
Hump day
It ain't just any other slump day.
There ain't no other day like Wednesday.
And they can't take it away.
Until the clock strikes midnight on Thursday, yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment